Recent Posts

Sunday, October 24

A Trip to the Wine Country!

Oh! My! Goodness! How absolutely fabulous!
This had to be one of the best trips Grady and I have ever taken!

Of course, we are wine lovers . . .
and any trip that involves a couple of days devoted to wine is heaven to us!

So, we got in the car and drove up to the North Carolina Wine Country!

Now, mind you, there are TONS of wineries in NC . . . we made it to 8. No matter how many you choose to visit, you don't want to leave without your GPS! (We might still be driving around NC if not.)

I don't want to bore you too terribly much, because really and truly it's something you've got to experience yourself. So, here's just a quick recap of our visit . . .




(The oldest winery in NC.)

(My personal favorite.)




(Me, standing in the vineyard . . . looking a bit awkward . . . but very excited!)

(The most beautiful.)



(Grady's personal favorite.)



I'm not totally sure you gathered much from that, but it really was a fun trip!

It also happened to be our first time away from Ross for the whole weekend. (I believe I needed something like a wine trip in order to keep my mind off of her for a least a few minutes at a time . . .) The picture diary my parents continued to send us on my phone helped a lot . . . of course, it wasn't anything like walking in the door and seeing that sweet little face again!

Good times!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey Holly! That is where I had plans to go the weekend of your baby shower - which is why I had to miss it. I went to 5 of them when I was there. Of the 8 you visited, I went to Sanders Ridge and Cellar 4201. My favorite one was called Divine Llama - you should check it out the next time you go up there. How fun! Glad you guys had a good time!

Jennifer said...

JEALOUS!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Oh! How neat! I should have talked to you before we went!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun trip! We should all go sometime!

Jennifer said...

I am completely jealous of this trip, it sounds wonderful! I think every new mama needs a trip to a few winerys!