Recent Posts

Thursday, October 1

TODAY'S THE DAY! I'VE BEEN WAITING LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

There's never been a question in my mind that I wanted kids
( . . . still quite debatable exactly how many, but no question we wanted some).

After moving here and watching all the kids run around the neighborhood, I was excited to discover from a neighbor that evidently having children "is in the water . . ."

And, wouldn't you know it, they were right.











Let me tell you, I stared at those test results for one hour straight . . . just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. I walked away more than 10 times only to come right back to look at it again and again.




VERY impatiently
, I waited on Grady to get home . . .




. . . and you better believe I was secretly there waiting with the camera for his very first reaction.

(I've never seen someone smile so much.)




I'm not so sure it's hit either of us how drastically our lives have just changed.

Sure, my wine glass has regretfully gone back in the cabinet and Sushi Yoshi has been put on the back burner . . . but FOR GOODNESS SAKE, there's a whole new human being entering our lives! It's almost too incredible to imagine what is happening even this very moment!


There is no doubt, GOD IS GRAND!







AND . . . as if all this weren't exciting enough . . .
There's a nursery to be decorated. :)

14 comments:

mimiross said...

Excitement! Excitement! Nothing better than a grandbaby! I for one can't wait! I am so happy for you and Grady! I KNOW you will be awesome parents! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. love you!

Alanna said...

YAY!!! as you know we are SO VERY happy for you guys!

craig just loved the picture of grady's reaction!

Unknown said...

I have been waiting on this blog post ALL DAY!!!! Kim and I even checked our blackberrys at dinner looking for it!!! So glad the news is now officially OUT!!! Once again, we are SO EXCITED for you both!!!! Can't wait!!!

Lindsay said...

omg holly!!! congratulations to both you and grady!!!!!!! i am SO excited for you guys!!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

I am so thrilled!! You are going to be a great mom!! And your nursery is going to be the best! I am so happy for you!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Holly, this post bought tears to my eyes!! We are soo happy for you both!!! I can't wait to meet this wonderful new person! I love you!!

kim said...

Yay!! So execited!! I am so glad you finally got to post!! Congrats again!

Courtney said...

awww...that is so exciting! We are so happy for yall! Can't wait to see future blog posts on nursery decor!!!

Courtney said...

just found a sweet "momma post" on this blog i thought you would enjoy
http://thepreppybaby.blogspot.com/

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

How sweet! Thank you!

Emily said...

Congratulations Holly!!!!

The View from Up Here said...

I stumbled onto your blog through Ashlee- and CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in parenthood! :)

Jennifer said...

Isn't it time for you to start posting belly shots? :-)

Leslie said...

Congrats Holly! You are going to be an awesome Mommy:)