Recent Posts

Sunday, December 16

Spur of the Moment . . .

. . . I decided it was time for a kitchen back splash change!

. . . Spur of the moment because both sets of parents were coming for dinner that night! The problem is, once it's in my head, I can't stand it! I have to do it right then and there!

(Patience is not one of my strong suits.)

Recently, I've been thinking about how much I'd like to do something with black chalkboard paint . . .

Here is a before picture (from this year's Thanksgiving) . . .



Here is now . . .



I am extremely happy with the change! And I totally recommend the paint. It's easy to work with and only required one coat! Which means there's plenty left over for even more projects!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! Love it! I've had no idea you could buy chalk board paint! I know how it is to have to have something done at that moment. I've been known to paint at 2 or 3 in the morning, because I decided to do it at 11 that night!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Ha! Ha!

Nicole said...

It's just not that fair to be that creative! I'd never think to try something like that! Is it green?

kim said...

very good idea! i like it a lot!!

kim said...

very good idea! i like it a lot!!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Okay, Mrs. "I've made a Smartboard lesson on every kindergarten standard known to man!" :)

It does come in green, if you prefer, but I got black.

Alanna said...

looks good... next dinner party you have you should put the evening's "specials" on the board!

Rae said...

i absolutelly LOVE that!! it completely changes the look of your kitchen! and a very good idea alanna!!