Recent Posts

Saturday, July 14

Random Recipe # 3: The Side

We were excited to have our friends Royce and Jesse over for supper last night! They are so fun! And although they are moving to Clemson (boo!) at the end of the month, they promised they would be making frequent visits back to Cola!

One side recipe we had last night I felt I must share is the "Pesto Pasta." I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a quick and easy pasta side to go with . . . well, to go with anything! I was really pleased with this one!

You'll need this:
  • 16 oz. pasta (of your choice)
  • 3 tbsp. ready-made pesto (usually located around the hummus)
  • 2 tbsp fresh chives (or chopped onion)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • salt & pepper
You'll do this:
  1. Cook pasta. Drain.
  2. Heat olive oil in pan. Add chives/onion and salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
  3. Add pesto. Cook 2 more minutes.
  4. Add drained pasta to pesto mix.
  5. Stir in parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Comments:
So quick and easy- and, again healthy! ( . . . well, more healthy than alfredo sauce!) I added more parmesan cheese than the recipe called for, only because we're quite the cheese lovers! I also added freshly shredded parmesan cheese on top, you know for a little presentation. :) It's fab!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW FUN! I'm SO JEALOUS!! The recipe sounds GREAT -- I LOVE pasta salad!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Then you'll LOVE this!

Unknown said...

Yummy! Can't wait to try it!!! Maybe we can start dinner club soon! :)

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

Yes! I really would love it!